Your role as Digital Marketing Manager
During the last year digital currency trading has finally come of age. Market-cap and daily trading volumes have grown exponentially as more and more retail traders come onstream. Extensive media attention has only fuelled the trend.
For existing European financial institutions, offering customers digital currency trading simultaneously creates a new revenue stream and satisfies a growing consumer demand, especially with hard-to-reach millennials. The only issue is connecting with digital currency exchanges, which is expensive and a hassle. Using a specialised liquidity provider solves these issues.
As our first Digital Marketing Manager, you’ll work closely with the Marketing Director to translate the overall marketing strategy into a solid SOE set-up, practical content calendar and ad-plan, building awareness and credibility and generating leads. You’ll directly handle the planning and media buying, working with Sales to optimise messaging and support their activity in smart, targeted ways; and alongside our PR agency to synchronise core activity with press coverage. You’ll help craft the story of our brand and our product at each stage of the funnel, from customer prospect to happy customer, willing to sing our praises.
Right now we’re at the start of the journey, so there’s a massive brand awareness job to do, but also a pragmatic need to build on the company’s initial success and drive acquisition of the next 1-10 customers. The Marketing Director will look to you to leverage your experience in finding the right balance between the two, moulding the media plan as we gain more and more insight.
As the first such hire in the team, there are no legacy processes or systems to wrestle with, but instead a chance to initiate best practise from the start, to grow with the brand and the company, and succeed in a dynamic, exciting and topical category.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build from first principles a solid SEO strategy, closely linked to the UX of the website and pillar pages; manage the monthly spend.
- Map delivery of the content strategy, with initial focus on business development in Benelux, but under a pan-European umbrella of brand awareness and credibility-building.
- Operate day-to-day content updates and optimisation of the website, either directly or working with the external frontend team; control access to social channels.
- Plan and buy media on key channels (LinkedIn, top fintech titles, etc).
- Operate an effective interface between lead generation (Marketing) and CRM (Sales).
- Advocate always for best practise on all of the above.
- Collaborate extensively with Sales to refine the narrative and support their calendar of activities and events; help develop the assets required, working with internal and external creative teams.
- Keep abreast of developments in the category - including the deep and dynamic online subculture which surrounds it - looking for opportunities to keep our brand and product relevant and ‘in the know’.
- Help boost the company through your own channels, including employee branding efforts and occasional publishing (e.g. blog post).
What you bring
- English fluent; international mindset.
- A proven track record in digital marketing / performance marketing, ideally within SAAS, BAAS, Payments, Fintech, or similar categories; prior agency experience a valuable bonus; likewise scale-up experience.
- A strategic head, but hands-on approach.
- Creative nous; an ability to optimise our marketing’s creative impact alongside its reach.
What you can expect in return
- Competitive salary.
- Tight team of experienced professionals with a low-friction working style.
- Flexible / remote working.
- Exciting category.
- All the opportunity to grow and succeed with the company.
B4C Markets provides digital currency brokerage / liquidity for European financial institutions, typically retail banks and trading platforms. The founders have been operating in the digital currency space for over 7 years, prior to which they worked for large consultancies in various international roles. They bring deep experience of the interface between traditional financial institutions, digital currency exchanges and regulators. The company is currently privately-owned and regulated by DNB as a registered cryptocurrency service provider.
To apply please attach a CV and cover letter to